Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Reflection on reading- Two Generation of teachers Differences in Attitudes towards ICT


This reading is a real eyeopener. It is empirical evidence. I love it. It has shown what I believed all along. The fact that younger persons believe that older persons are full of fare when it comes to technology is a far cry from being true. On the other hand they are the ones that lacks thee patience to implement IT's for pedagogical purposes. Additionally the argument of the generation divide is not rooted in the use of ICT's to enhance learning.
The matter of power has to be addressed. ICT's and in particular is not a teachers private space. It must be see by all teachers as a resource room. Hence I agree with the findings that Collaboration is the key to every teacher's success with the eradication  of  implementation divide. Friction breathes fraction which is a cheap cover for fear and power. Collaboration and good relationship among staff members will foster a good ICT attitude and appreciation. This will in turn promote the use of ICT's  in education.
We have to move beyond the personal and move towards a willingness to share our expertise and accept constructive criticism.
I humbly accept these findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment