Monday, 4 March 2013

ICT Integration At the Bequia Community High School

The Article on Rationale for ICT in school and Common ICT in Schools is an interesting. Bequia Community High has fallen short in its pursuits. Although we have a number of computers and one functioning Computer lab we a a bit handicapped. There is a serious fault with Internet access.

When I got here I insisted that teachers must have at least one ICT enabled lesson per day. It was met with low spirits However a few teachers jumped on the idea and started to do some work.
There are about 14 obsolete computers in the library. This is a problem to the institution. We are in the process of sourcing computers for the library. This is to lure student to the library which they seldom use.
The net books are under utilized by by the first and second forms. There is so much that can be done toget students to use the net-books.

Teachers can do better with the use of ICT's here. Only a few teachers use the projectors to present their lessons. Although reminders are given I am not too sure that they are heeded.

There are no computers in the staff room. There is a need for a computer in the Guidance counselor's room and Technical drawing using the computer to be instituted.

I am satisfied that the entire school does IT but the teacher has to carry other subjects. This is in my view taking away his entire focus from IT.

Generally I think that we are making progress here. It is a far cry from what I inherited. I will  like to see more use of the netbooks in the lower forms.We will like to have Autocad  be introduced. the library needs to be refilled with new computers. I am also proposing that teacher be trained to become competent in the use of ICT's.

No comments:

Post a Comment