Sunday, 3 March 2013

ICT in Schools - Group 1: Activity 1 Discussion

ICT in Schools - Group 1: Activity 1 Discussion: Discuss this statement by using the Comment facility below this post.  "It is impossible for a developing nation to compete with deve...


I always like to think of impossible as not being able to compete at all. It is with this in mind that I beg to disagree.
Developing nations like St.Vincent and the Grenadines CAN compete with any developed nation as it relates to ICT integration in schools. There are however a number of structures which must be put in place. These include a passion for ICT integration in schools.Secondly, ICT must be seen as a necessity. It must be embraced by every facet of the education strata. Teachers must ensure that it is part and parcel of their everyday lives. Added to this Mathematics,Science and a good understanding and use of the English Language MUST be instilled in all students.
Finally, I think that far too many persons see ICT integration as computer use only.

To be continued...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do agree with your comment mr martin. there must be a number of structures which must be put in place. I also think that the curriculum must show the need for this integration in school..Teachers tend to follow the curriculum rather than the needs of the students/community.

Also in order for developing countries to compete, ICT integration in schools must not only concern the ICT department in education but it must be a national project where the government, schools and community work hand in hand.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Again the student must be the focal point

Post a Comment